RPSC RAS exam Selection Procedure 2016 – Selection Process: Rajasthan Public Service Commissions (RPSC) Rajasthan Administrative Service (RAS) Competitive Exam selection process is presented here in a simpler manner to understand the complex nature of RAS Exam to crack it. Good luck for all aspirant of RAS exam 2016. RPSC conduct the RAS exam in the above manner.
RPSC RAS exam Selection Procedure 2016 – Selection Process
RPSC Rajasthan Administrative Service (RAS) Selection Process:
The Combined Competitive Examination will be held in the following successive stages.
(i) Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
(ii) Main Examination (Descriptive Type)
(iii) Personality and viva-voce Examination
(i) Preliminary Examination:
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of one paper on the subject specified below, which will be of objective type and carry a maximum of 200 marks.
- There will be Negative Marking – 1/3 part of mark(s) of each question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The examination is meant to serve as a screening test only.
- The Standard of the paper will be that of a Bachelor’s Degree Level.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
(ii) Main Examination:
(a) The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be 15 times the total approximate number of vacancies (category wise) to be filled in the year in the various Services and posts but in the said range all those candidates who secure the same percentage of marks as may be fixed by the Commission for any lower will be admitted to the Main Examination.
(b) The written examination will consist of the following four papers which will be descriptive/analytical. A candidate must take all the papers listed below which will also consist of question paper of brief, medium long answer and descriptive type questions. The standard of General Hindi and General English will be that of Sr. Secondary level. The time allowed for each paper shall be 3 hours.
(iii) Personality and viva-voce Examination:
(A) Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written test of the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion shall be summoned by them for an interview for a personality test which carries 100 marks.
(B) The RPSC shall award marks to each candidate interviewed by them. In interviewing the candidates besides awarding marks in respect of character, personality, address, physique, marks shall also be awarded for the candidate’s knowledge of Rajasthani culture. However for selection to the Rajasthan Police Service, candidates having ‘C’ Certificate of N.C.C. shall be given preference. The marks so awarded shall be added to the marks obtained in the written test by each such candidate.